We believe in the power of inspired young people.
We deliver a range of programs for young people in SA
- YMCA SA Youth Parliament empowers young people to be advocates for their community.
- Y Camping creates memories that last a lifetime.
- Young people in the City of Marion are having their say, building leadership skills and developing themselves.
- Skate Park Leagues are activating skate parks and showcasing young people's talents and hard work.
- YMCA Youth Ambassadors are a community of passionate young people who want to develop themselves and make positive changes in their communities.
Volunteer with our youth programs
We’re recruiting! YMCA South Australia are looking for young people to lead our youth empowerment programs in SA. Volunteers make the magic happen. Without the energy, skills and effort of our volunteers, our camps, events and programs (such as Youth Parliament) would not be possible.
It is important to us that our volunteers have rewarding experience in their work, with access to training, development and connection to their community - not to mention the fantastic feeling that comes with making a difference in the lives of others.
Volunteering is a unique opportunity to contribute to your community in a way that is meaningful to both yourself and to the wider community. Whatever your reason for volunteering, we aspire to have all of our volunteers benefit from their experience as much as our communities benefit from their service. Our volunteers get involved for a variety of reasons, such as:
- To give back to the community
- As a stepping stone into the workforce
- For the satisfaction of helping
- Getting involved in a community of like-minded people
- Personal and professional development
- Sharing skills and talents.