WELCOME TO ROSARY SCHOOL OSHC
Work commitments and school hours rarely align – that's where OSHC comes in!
YMCA OSHC provides a safe, fun, and stimulating place for children before / after school hours as well as Vacation Care during school holidays.
Page Quick Links
What to Expect at YMCA OSHC
As a community-based not-for-profit, the Y is recognised as a leading provider of OSHC services in South Australia, well known for:
We seek high quality, experienced and passionate Educators which actively contribute to the quality of OSHC programming and an enjoyable experience for students. Lead by the OSHC Director, Educators provide an environment that will challenge, stimulate and support each child on an individual level.
Bookings can be completed online, on the App or over the phone. In addition to utilising the latest technology to manage bookings, our friendly OSHC Support Team is available over the phone Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm.
YMCA OSHC has the right mix of physical activity, intellectual stimulation and rest keeping kids wanting to come back. We also pride ourselves in delivering the best Vacation Care program in South Australia.
We source our food from within the local community using markets and other local food co-ops if available within the area. Healthy and nutritious breakfasts, snack and afternoon tea are always available for students.
OSHC sessions can be booked and managed on a permanent (ongoing and consistent weekly) or casual (ad-hoc as required) basis.
Permanent bookings are consistent week-to-week and will automatically roll over each term and each school year.
Cancel a permanent booking
To cancel a permanent booking please call or email our OSHC Support Team (08 8200 2516).
Add a permanent booking*
Submit a permanent booking request online via My Family Lounge.
Add a casual booking*
Once off casual bookings can be made anytime via the My Family Lounge App or website.
Mark attendance on the App or online
If your child will not be attending a booked OSHC session, provide us notice of cancellation by marking their attendance via the MyFamily Lounge App or website. 48-hour cancellation notice is required to avoid fees.
*Before making a booking your child must be enrolled at the service.
If your child is already enrolled into the OSHC service and you have a My Family Lounge account, the easiest and quickest way to book an OSHC or Vacation Care session is through the My Family Lounge App.
If you have questions or need assistance with casual bookings, call the OSHC Support Team at 08 8200 2516.
Before making any OSHC bookings you must enroll your child in the OSHC service. The quickest and easiest way to do this is through our online parent portal – My Family Lounge.
*If you have an existing My Family Lounge Account (i.e. previous student, previous years, or at another OSHC) skip step 1. Use the 'forgot password' link if necessary*
Step 1 - Create a My Family Lounge Account (if required)
- CLICK HERE to register a new account.
- Once you have registered you will be sent an email containing a link to complete your service enrolment (the remainder of the online enrolment is not mobile friendly).
Step 2a - Enrollment (add contact)
- Log in to My Family Lounge.
- Enter the primary contact details for the person who will be responsible for the account. This would be the parent/guardian registered with Centrelink benefits.
- Then add the details of the additional parent/guardian as the secondary contact.
Step 2b - Enrollment (add child)
- Complete a separate enrollment form for each child you intend to enroll.
- Remember to select which School OSHC service you want to attend located at the top right of the page.
- Please ensure you provide any medical or dietary requirements and read all the information thoroughly. This is where you can upload action plans, birth certificate and immunisation history statements. Alternatively, we can photocopy these at the OSHC centre.
Step 2c - Billing Information
- You will be redirected to the Direct Debit Request (Debit Success) portal during the enrolment process where you will be asked to supply the direct debit details of a nominated account.
- Fees are automatically debited on the Monday of every week for the week ahead. You will receive an emailed statement the previous Friday.
Step 2d - Submit
- Please read and agree to the terms and conditions of the YMCA and type your name in the box indicated.
- Click on the submit button when you have completed all of the above. Any areas still requiring information will be highlighted in red at the top of the page.
Step 3 - Make a Booking Request
- From My Family Lounge create a New Booking Request for an ongoing permanent booking. Once the request is approved we will email you an 'offer' that you will need to accept to finalise. Please note: We do not have a waitlist, this is just the terminology used for making a permanent booking through My Family Lounge.
- For casual OSHC or and vacation care bookings we recommend using the My Family Lounge App (Google Play or the App Store). Alternatively login to My Family Lounge through a browser and use the customer portal.
If you are unable to complete your enrolment through My Family Lounge, or are having difficulties and have questions, please contact email@example.com or call during business hours 08 8200 2516.
Questions about OSHC in general? See the FAQ.
My Family Lounge is a third-party platform which enables parents to enrol their children and manage their OSHC account. My Family Lounge can accept ongoing, casual (one-off), and vacation care bookings.
While convenient, please note:
- My Family Lounge is not mobile friendly. Sorry, you need to use a desktop to complete service enrolment.
- You will be redirected to the Direct Debit Request portal during the enrolment process. You will need to nominate your direct debt details before submitting your enrolment request.
- The My Family Lounge app allows you to make casual bookings or register an upcoming absence for permanent bookings. Please note that you can't make a permanent booking through the app. Before using the app, you must register/create your My Family Lounge account (on a desktop).
YMCA South Australia in partnership with the School Council sets the daily fee on an annual basis. Once a child is enrolled, families and carers can contact Family Assistance with the service’s provider number to determine their eligibility for the Child Care Subsidy. This is used to determine a families discounted fee, usually between 50-85%. As a guide 95% of OSHC families receive 50% or more subsidy off the standard rate.
Before School Care
|$2.60 - $7.00|
After School Care
|$4.80 - $12.70|
|$11.30 - $30.60|
|$13.20 - $35.80|
Pupil Free Day
$11.30 - $30.60
|Casual Booking Fee||$3.00|
|Hat Fee (once off)||$12.00|
*Typical fee after subsidy is applied
All fees are paid via direct debit. A direct debit authorisation must be completed prior to using the service. Direct debit is paid via a bank account or credit card. Paying by credit card incurs a .79% surcharge.
A $3 casual surcharge is applied for before/after school care bookings made within 48 hours of care being provided. The $3 casual surcharge is applied to Vacation Care bookings made within 2 weeks of the school holidays (start of the Vacation Care program).
Explaining Your Statement
Statements are sent out every Friday. Each statement shows three weeks of bookings. The first week is the week we are currently in; the second week shows next week’s bookings reflected in your last direct debit; and the third week is the amount being charged in this invoice, debited the following Monday.
Additional charges for casual bookings made during Weeks 1 and 2 may be reflected in this invoice.
See below for a full breakdown of a statement.
Before/After School Care: Cancellations received up to 48 hours prior to care receive a full refund. Cancellation received with less than 48 hours are charged full fee. The easiest way to provide notice of non-attendance/cancellation is via the My Family Lounge App.
Vacation Care: Cancellation received up to 2 weeks prior to the first day of the school holidays (start of the Vacation Care program) receive a full refund. Cancellations received within 2 weeks of the school holidays (start of the Vacation Care program) are charged full fee.
*No fees will be charged if a medical certificate is provided to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 business days from the date of missed service.
Our Vacation Care programs encourage children to be involved in a variety of fun and exciting activities, including art, craft, cooking, sport, dance and drama. Children also go on excursions to exciting destinations.