Strathalbyn Community Swimming Pool is located in the heart of Strathalbyn and is the only 50 metre outdoor swimming pool on the Fleurieu Peninsula.
The Centre is located on Dawson Street and Colman Terrace, directly opposite the Strathalbyn Library, set in picturesque gardens overlooking the River Angas.
With a 50m 6 lane pool the Centre is capable of hosting Swim SA competitions and various other carnivals. In addition, there is a toddler pool with a water feature for younger children and a large pool inflatable used in the main pool during weekends and school holidays.
The Centre has a fully stocked cafe with real coffee and an excellent range of hot and cold refreshments and has excellent modern amenities with warm showers and recently renovated change rooms.
So come and enjoy a lap swim, aqua class, picnic, inflatable fun session and more at your local Y this summer.
OFF PEAK SEASON OPENING TIMES
16 October - 17 December 2023| 29 January - 14 April 2024
Monday to Friday
|6:00am – 8:30am||Lap Swimming|
|3:00pm – 7:00pm||General Admission*|
Weekends & Public Holidays
|7:00am – 9:00am||Lap Swimming|
|9:00am – 5:00pm||General Admission*|
The pool will remain open for General Admission on Off Peak days when the weather is 25° or above, as per the 6pm forecast the day prior. The pool is open for Lap Swimming regardless of the forecast.
PEAK SEASON OPENING TIMES
18 December 2023 - 28 January 2024
Monday to Friday
|6:00am – 8:30am||Lap Swimming|
|8:30am – 7:00pm||General Admission*|
|7:00am – 9:00am||Lap Swimming|
|9:00am – 6:00pm||General Admission*|
During peak season the pool will be open for lap swimming and general admission regardless of the temperature.
• Closed on Christmas Day, New Year’s Day and Good Friday
• Opening times may vary according to attendance or weather
The pool hours may be extended if the temperature is 32 degrees and over in Strathalbyn at 5:30pm on the day and at the discretion of management.If opening hours are extended, this will be published via social media.
|Concession/Child (4 yrs and over)||$6.20|
|Child (3 yrs and under)||FREE|
|Family Day Pass||$24.90|
|Adult Season Pass||$250.00|
|Concession / Child Pass||$200.00|
|Family Season Pass*||$390.00|
|Lap Swimming Only Pass||$200.00|
*Family = 2 Adults + 3 Kids or 1 Adult + 4 Kids. Additional family members charged $78/person.
Watch Around Water Policies apply (i.e. supervision requirements & adult to child ratios)
Casual Group Fitness
YMCA Swimming Lessons
|4 Lesson Block||$72.00|
- Children under 10 years must be accompanied and constantly supervised by an adult.
- Children under 5 years must be accompanied in the water and remain within arms reach.
- Unsupervised children (of any age) will be removed from the water if the lifeguard is concerned for their safety.
- General rough play or unsociable behavior is not permitted due to safety concerns.
- Patrons are required to follow staff directions at all times, failure to do so may result in eviction from the centre.
- The YMCA welcomes the capturing of your magic moments on camera or video, however, privacy of others must be respected. The use of cameras and video cameras at this venue is conditional upon the following:
- You must have all relevant individuals consent to use images.
- It is illegal to broadcast or publish images without consent.
- Under no circumstances are cameras, video cameras or mobile phones to be used in change room areas.
CHILD UNDER 5 must be actively supervised within arms reach
CHILD UNDER 10 must be actively supervised and remain in sight
KNOW YOUR RATIO
Children Under 5 : 1 Adult to 2 children, including babies in prams. All children 0-4 years of age MUST be accompanied in the water.
Children Under 10 : 1 Adult to 4 children. All children 5-9 years of age MUST be ACTIVELY SUPERVISED at all times.
Mixed Groups : 1 Adult to child aged 0-4 and three children aged 5-9.
Swimming and water safety skills are just part of what your child will gain in YMCA Swimming Lessons. YMCA SA swimming lessons are provided by nationally accredited swimming instructors and all YMCA instructors complete working with children checks.
- $72 per term. Swimming lesson members receive one 30 minute lesson a week, and unlimited swims during the term outside of lesson times.
- Enrol online at any point during the term via the Client Portal.
Swimming Term Dates
|Term 1||13 November - 10 December 2023|
|Term 2||2 January - 28 January 2024|
|Term 3||29 January - 25 February 2024|
The Lap It Up Club is designed for swimmers who are looking for something a little more rewarding than simply swimming up and down the pool. With a rewarding incentive program, the Lap It Up Club helps you set goals and gives you real motivation to achieve them.
Whether you swim once a day or once a month, we’ll help you to track your progress and achieve your health and fitness goals.
- Lap it Up Club is available to members of all ages
- Club progress in kilometres will be recorded in centre
- Receive incentives and rewards for your progress and milestones
- Hall of Fame prize is 2 weeks FREE membership
- Monthly spot prizes
To register, complete a Lap It Up enrolment form at our lifeguard station, and then simply record your laps with the lifeguard on duty every time you swim.
Adult Distance Incentives
|100 kms||4,000||Drink Bottle|
|250 kms||10,000||Swim Cap|
|750 kms||30,000||Beach Towel|
|5,000 kms||200,000||Entry into Hall of Fame|
Child (Under 13) Incentives
|25 kms||1,000||Drink Bottle|
|50 kms||2,000||Swim Cap|
|250 kms||10,000||Beach Towel|
|1,000 kms||40,000||Entry into Hall of Fame|
*Lap It Up Club Cards are checked on a monthly basis and prizes will be distributed by the Swimming Lessons Coordinator upon these checks.
To enquire about the Lap It Up Club please email the Strath Pool: firstname.lastname@example.org
Water resistance training classes incorporating low-impact aerobic exercise.
Water resistance training. Low-impact aerobic exercise in the shallow end of the pool.
Our weather policy does not apply.
Please note classes are not included in season passes and are charged separately.
Join the Great Southern Swimming Club
The Great Southern Swimming Club is a great way to stay fit and have a good time doing it! All ages are welcome.
The club operates from Fleurieu Aquatic Centre all year round and from the Strathalbyn Community Swimming Pool from October–March.
Members are required to compete in several local competitions during the season.
"Come and Try" FREE for three sessions
Swimmers should be able to swim 50m in freestyle, breaststroke and backstroke, in a recognisable form.
|Monday||6:30am - 8:00am|
|Tuesday||4:30pm - 6:00pm (subject to temperature)|
|Wednesday||6:30am - 8:00am|
|Thursday||4:30pm - 6:00pm (subject to temperature)|
|Saturday (Masters only)||7:30am - 9:00am|
|Fleurieu Aquatic Centre (all year round)|
|Friday||4:00pm - 5:30pm|
|Saturday (Masters only, April - Oct)|
8:00am - 9:30am
Click the button to visit the Clubs website and find out more information
A Family Season Pass includes unlimited access to the outdoor pool for the entire family for the season (17 October 2022 - 9 April 2023). A family can include 2 Adults and up to 3 children, or 1 Adult and up to 4 children. Season passes do not include Aqua Aerobics.
To purchase, select the Family Season Pass, create the account for the primary account holder, then complete the online sale. Then from within the Customer Portal add your family members. See below tutorial for step by step instructions.
1. Click Join now
2. Click Strathalbyn
3. Click Next
4. Select 'Season Pass'
5. Click Next
6. Select 'Family Season Pass'
7. Click Next
8. Complete account creation form for the Primary Adult, agree to T&C's, then click Next
9. Confirm summary. Click "Details >" to review Season Pass T&C's.
10. Click Next
11. Add payment details then click Process Payment.
12. Log into the Customer Portal. Navigate to the Friends and family tab. Click Add family member
13. Select Strathalbyn. Click Next
14. Select the $0.00 Family season pass - Additional Member.
15. Click Next
16. Add child account details then click Next
17. Agree to T&C's (click 'Details >' to view). Click Next
18. Either add another family member (2A + 3C or 1A + 4C). Repeat until all family is added. Family members beyond 5 must be purchased in person.