Established in 1850 YMCA South Australia is one of Australia’s oldest and most respected community organisations. As a community-based organisation, we work collaboratively with government, non-profit groups and partners to provide a range of programs and services to build healthier, happier, connected communities.
What to Expect
We seek high quality, experienced and passionate Educators which actively contribute to the quality of OSHC programming and an enjoyable experience for students. Lead by the OSHC Director, Educators provide an environment that will challenge, stimulate and support each child on an individual level.
Bookings can be completed online, on the App or over the phone. In addition to utilising the latest technology to manage bookings, our friendly OSHC Support Team is available over the phone Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm.
YMCA OSHC has the right mix of physical activity, intellectual stimulation and rest keeping kids wanting to come back. We also pride ourselves in delivering the best Vacation Care program in South Australia.
Fresh Healthy Food
We source our food from within the local community using markets and other local food co-ops if available within the area. Healthy and nutritious breakfasts, snack and afternoon tea are always available for students.
Partner with the YMCA
Are you a Governing Council or School Board of an independent or private school considering outsourcing Out of School Hours Care? Partner with YMCA OSHC!
As an innovative and achievement driven organisation, the YMCA has grown to be one of the most trusted and successful providers of Out of Hours School Care (OSHC) services in Australia.
Our approach to the provision of OSHC is based on a productive, transparent and collaborative working relationship with the Governing Council or School Board and broader school community.
"I can recommend YMCA as an effective and reliable OSHC provider. They deliver an excellent service to our families and School"
Principal, Craigmore South Primary School
Our goal aligned to your School’s objectives, is to deliver OSHC services that exceed expectations and value add to the school community in a way that no other operator can deliver. Our successful approach in addressing the objectives of the school are defined by:
- Facilitating an environment that encourages widespread community involvement
- Collaboration with the school and parents to determine and establish appropriate approaches to programs that engage and inspire students
- An investment in the broader school community
- Maximisation of OSHC usage
"YMCA has ensured that it is focused on being an active member of our school community"
Cleo de Gouw
Deputy Principal, Westbourne Park Primary School
Electing to outsource OSHC services is an important decision for every school. Partnering with an industry leader such as the YMCA will create benefits and synergies for the school that may otherwise be unattainable, with access to industry best systems and programs that exceed the National Quality Framework and a collaborative approach to program design through consultation with the children, families and the school community.
Think we might be the right fit? Speak directly with Komala Champion, Head of Children's Services on 8200 2513.
YMCA OSHC is committed to the health and wellbeing of our school communities, and as the situation and response to COVID-19 evolves, so are we. The YMCA actively monitors and develops our response planning aligned to the guidance and recommendations of the Australian Government Department of Health and SA Health. Our OSHC services will remain open until governing health authorities, or our partnered Schools, mandate a closure.
What is YMCA OSHC doing to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- We are meticulously and frequently cleaning our OSHC classrooms before each session.
- OSHC Services will continue in line with School policy. Our Vacation Care programs have been revised, replacing excursions with in-house activities.
- We are practicing social distancing as much as possible, but not to the detriment of a child’s emotional or physical wellbeing. This is aligned to the current approach of schools and other child care providers.
- We are encouraging children to take extra care with best practice hygiene and prevention measures while in our care.
- Staff or members who have recently returned home after travelling overseas, or who were in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case, are not permitted into the classroom for a period of 14 days aligned with government imposed self-isolation.
- Increased signage, emails and other communications will promote best practice prevention and safety (hand washing, covering cough/sneezes, staying home if sick, self-isolation requirements, social distancing, etc).
- Children and families where members are showing flu-like indications (cough, fever and/or respiratory symptoms) will be asked not to use the facilities until these symptoms have cleared for a number of days.
- The YMCA has plans in place to take necessary steps both in prevention, preparedness, and response in the event of an outbreak.
Contact the Adelaide based OSHC Support Team for all general enquiries, enrolments and bookings (available 9am-5pm Monday through Friday).
Contact your local OSHC site (phone number on location page) directly for site-specific enquiries for the Educators such as relaying messages to children or following up on left behind personal items. For all other enquiries and bookings please contact the OSHC Support Team.