We are open for business!
All centres have a COVID-19 Safety Plan in place, meeting, and in many cases exceeding, all government requirements in relation to COVID-19.
Almost all YMCA services and programs are either reactivated or in the process of reopening. While we have a variety of measures implemented aligned to our Covid-19 Safety Plans, for the most part, expect business as usual. Visit the site or program specific website for further details.
Current Recreation Centre Restrictions:
- Government-mandated closures: showers, water fountains.
- Spas/Saunas and the Play Cafe in Whyalla can reopen on 29 June
- Group fitness occupancy is currently limited (10-20 pending room size), but is changing to 1 person per 2 sq metres as of 29 June. Members can book Group Fitness through the new YMCA SA App.
- Swimming lessons resume for Parks and Fleurieu Aquatic on 29 June
- The Valleys Lifestyle Centre Swim Lesson will resume on 13 July
- Whyalla Recreation Centre and Port Lincoln will resume on 20 July
Our Response to COVID-19 in Recreation Centres
Our response to COVID-19 is constantly changing to adapt to updates in restrictions and industry best practice.
- We are meticulously cleaning and sanitising the centre more than ever before. You will see us throughout the day sanitising high contact locations (doors, handles, equipment, etc). In addition, every evening professional cleaners sanitise our facilities and have been briefed on COVID-19 specific cleaning requirements.
- You will see plenty of signage and communications reinforcing density/occupancy, social distancing and enhanced hygiene measures. In addition to informing you of these requirements, the signage is also present to remind you of the important role you play.
- Come ready to work out, exercise and be active. Shower and change room access may be unavailable or restricted. Visits are to be kept short, ideally under 1.5 hours.
- Hygiene stations will be placed at entrances and throughout our centres. Please use hand sanitizer frequently, upon entering, exiting, and throughout your time in the centre.
- Proactively monitored by staff, we ask our customers to abide by occupancy/density restrictions. Signage will be placed accordingly reinforcing social distancing requirements (1.5m distances) and noting specific occupancy limits in spaces.
- Customers showing cold/flu-like indications (cough, fever and/or respiratory symptoms) are not permitted in the facility until these symptoms have cleared for a number of days.
- We strongly encourage payment by EFTPOS (debit card/credit card/mobile payment).
- Whenever possible members will be directed online for new memberships, program enrollments, group fitness bookings, outstanding balance payments, etc.
- Water fountains will be temporarily unavailable. Please bring a filled water bottle from home or purchase bottled water from our cafe.
- We encourage all staff and customers to download the COVIDSafe app. All staff have completed COVID-19 infection control training.
- All visitors attendance will be recorded including the time of entry and phone number for contact tracing purposes. Visitors include casual users, visit pass holders, members, contractors and staff.