Strathalbyn Community Pool is gearing up for the Summer Season! Opening 15th October, 2018.
Strathalbyn Community Swimming Pool is located in the heart of Strathalbyn and is the only 50 metre outdoor swimming pool on the Fleurieu Peninsular.
The Centre is located on Dawson Street and Colman Terrace, directly opposite the Strathalbyn Library, set in picturesque gardens overlooking the River Angas.
With a 50m 6 lane pool the Centre is capable of hosting Swim SA competitions and various other carnivals. In addition, there is a toddler pool with awater feature for younger children and a large pool inflatable used in the main pool during weekends and school holidays.
The Centre has a a fully stocked cafe with real coffee and a excellent range of hot and cold refreshments and has excellent modern amenities with warm showers and recently renovated change rooms.
So come and enjoy a lap swim, aqua class, picnic, inflatable fun session and more at your local Y this summer.
OFF PEAK SEASON OPENING TIMES
15 Oct - 30 Nov 2018, 1 Mar - 14 Apr 2019
Monday to Friday
6.00am – 8.30am Lap Swimming
3.00pm – 7.00pm* General Admission
7.00am – 5.00pm
PEAK SEASON OPENING TIMES
1 Dec 2018 - 28 Feb 2019
Monday to Friday
6.00am – 7.00pm*
7.00am – 6.00pm
Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
Opening times may vary according to attendance or weather.
23 degrees BOM Strathalbyn
30 degrees and over in Strathalbyn at 5.30pm on the day and at the discretion of management.
|Concession/Child (4 yrs and over)||$5.20|
|Child (3 yrs and under)||FREE|
|Family Day Pass||$20.50|
|Adult Season Pass||$170.00|
|Concession / Child Pass||$137.00|
|Family Season Pass||$260.00|
|Lap Swimming Only Pass||$137.00|
Casual Group Fitness
YMCA Swimming Lessons
|4 Lesson Block||$66.00|
15 October – Season start
10 November – Offical Open Day (Free Entry)
2 - 10 January – VACSWIM Summer Holiday Inflatable Sessions (Tuesday, Thursday ands Friday 1:30 - 3:30pm)
14 April – Season close
Inflatable Fun Sessions every Saturday and Sunday 1:30 - 3:30pm all season!
The pool is closed to the public during club event days.
The Lap It Up Club is designed for swimmers who are looking for something a little more rewarding than simply swimming up and down the pool. With a rewarding incentive program, the Lap It Up Club helps you set goals and gives you real motivation to achieve them.
Whether you swim once a day or once a month, we’ll help you to track your progress and achieve your health and fitness goals.
- Lap it Up Club is available to members of all ages
- Club progress in kilometres will be recorded in centre
- Receive incentives and rewards for your progress and milestones
- Hall of Fame prize is 2 weeks FREE membership
- Monthly spot prizes
To register, complete a Lap It Up enrolment form at our lifeguard station, and then simply record your laps with the lifeguard on duty every time you swim.
Adult Distance Incentives
|100 kms||4,000||Drink Bottle|
|250 kms||10,000||Swim Cap|
|750 kms||30,000||Beach Towel|
|5,000 kms||200,000||Entry into Hall of Fame|
Child (Under 13) Incentives
|25 kms||1,000||Drink Bottle|
|50 kms||2,000||Swim Cap|
|250 kms||10,000||Beach Towel|
|1,000 kms||40,000||Entry into Hall of Fame|
*Lap It Up Club Cards are checked on a monthly basis and prizes will be distributed by the Swimming Lessons Coordinator upon these checks.
To enquire about the Lap It Up Club please email the Strath Pool: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindness is not an act, it’s a lifestyle
YMCA South Australia as an organisation in 2014 introduced a program called Suspended Swim. The idea was taken from the ‘suspended coffee’ program which originated in Italy and has become a hit with coffee sellers and the public world-wide. A customer would order a coffee and also ask for a ‘suspended coffee’. This meant that the second coffee was paid for by the customer but suspended for someone less fortunate who could not afford one. Subsequently, the ‘suspended coffee’ would be offered to another member of the community as an act of anonymous generosity.
YMCA South Australia has adapted and rebranded this idea as the ‘Suspended Swim’ program. The Suspended Swim program is based on this ‘pay it forward’ model and will allow all of our patrons the opportunity to purchase a Suspended Swim when they are paying for their regular pool entrance or swimming lesson. The Suspended Swim will then be donated to a community partner or charity for distribution to their own client base, offering some fantastic community outcomes:
- Community members are helping someone less fortunate with their ‘pay it forward’ generosity
- Access is made available to a YMCA managed swimming facility that may otherwise not have been affordable
- YMCA South Australia and our partner / charity organisation achieve positive outcomes for the communities in which we work
We believe this to be innovative as it is a new way of ensuring our facilities are accessible to the wider community in a community focused easy way.
The YMCA has been recognised by the wider aquatics industry for this innovation in programming and received the Recreation South Australia Aquatic Innovation Award 2015
Contribution to the industry
This program highlights that our industry is about the communities we work in we are engaging people who would not ordinarily be able to access aquatic facilities, so by removing a barrier of cost through other users a real sense of community is also being established.
The program allows disadvantaged members of our community to gain access to aquatic facilities; this in turn opens them up to the world of aquatics and the benefits of swimming. The program can offer the opportunity of a lifetime to a young child to experience there first swim and then have access to other programs funded by the YMCA to be involved in our learn to swim program.
DONATE A SWIM TODAY!
- Children under 10 years must be accompanied and constantly supervised by an adult.
- Children under 5 years must be accompanied in the water and remain within arms reach.
- Unsupervised children (of any age) will be removed from the water if the lifeguard is concerned for their safety.
- General rough play or unsociable behavior is not permitted due to safety concerns.
- Patrons are required to follow staff directions at all times, failure to do so may result in eviction from the centre.
- The YMCA welcomes the capturing of your magic moments on camera or video, however, privacy of others must be respected. The use of cameras and video cameras at this venue is conditional upon the following:
- You must have all relevant individuals consent to use images.
- It is illegal to broadcast or publish images without consent.
- Under no circumstances are cameras, video cameras or mobile phones to be used in change room areas.