This innovative program builds social networks and independent living skills by connecting adults with physical and intellectual disabilities into mainstream community groups and experiences.
Leap Takers is a program for people who have low to moderate support needs related to a disability.
Leap Takers are ready to take a leap in a new and exciting direction. Our programs focus on the transition times of life including:
- Leaving school and entering the adult world
- Transitioning from working life and looking for active and interesting retirement
- Moving house and re-establishing a new community network
We engage with the community through
- Visits to the library, pool, and other community facilities
- Cooking and nutrition sessions
- Shopping and banking in our local shopping centres
- Fitness and recreation classes at the local YMCA
- Learning to about road safety and using public transport
- Literacy programs and computer skills
- Getting involved in volunteer activities that strengthen our community and develop new skills
- Day trips to great tourist spots, expos, and other events
Our staff hold current DCSI employment screenings, first aid certificates and are experienced, skilled and passionate about their work.
Pricing is in line with the NDIS price guide. The below price table is accurate as of July 2019 and subject to change based on NDIS price guide updates).
|NDIS Item||Item Number||Price|
|Core: Social and community participation||04_111_0136_6_1||$28.41/hr, 7 hrs |
|Capacity Building: Increased social and community participation||09_007_0117_6_3||$28.41/hr, 7 hrs|
|Capacity Building: Increased social and community participation||09_008_0116_6_3||$28.41/hr, 7 hrs|