YMCA LEAP Aquatics encourages and teaches people with a disability how to swim and be confident in the water.
YMCA LEAP Aquatics allows clients of all ages and abilities to build from aquatic therapy to mainstream aquatics participation. Leap aquatics is about building independence, resilience, physical and mental wellbeing.
LEAP Aquatics offers a water education experience adapted to the individual, aimed at those who need extra support in learning how to swim. LEAP caters to a wide range of participants including those who have a phobia of water to those with sensory/behavioral needs and those with physical disabilities. Based upon the principals of inclusion, LEAP works towards an environment where mainstream students and students with a disability learn together and from each other.
As an approved NDIS provider, we can assist you on how to integrate LEAP Aquatics into your NDIS plan.
We work with you to establish a program plan suited to you and your goals. Orientation can also include complementary consulting on including LEAP Aquatics in your NDIS Plan as well as a preliminary site visit to become comfortable with the environment.
Most LEAP participants start with a private one-on-one lesson. The undivided attention of a teacher creates a smooth introduction to swimming and the pool environment, building teacher rapport and water confidence.
Building on the development of water skills, when ready students can be transitioned to a small supported class to introduce aspects of socialisation, learning and having fun alongside their siblings and friends.
Why LEAP Aquatics
- Individually tailored classes allow students to progress at their own pace
- Inclusive environment which promotes socialisation, friendship and fun
- Experienced and friendly swimming teachers with specialised training
- Creates confidence, awareness, safety and ability in all water environments
- Adjunct to therapy; building skills, communication, fitness and strength
- Approved NDIS provider and complementary consulting services to add LEAP to your plan
- The YMCA is a national leader in swimming lessons and delivers LEAP Aquatics in all metro and regional YMCA locations in South Australia
Ready to take a LEAP?
Contact our LEAP team today.
Email: LEAP Programs Manager Phone: 8298 7422