Group Fitness & Aqua
Group Fitness. Les Mills. Aqua Fitness. Innovation (Virtual)
YMCA operate specialised programs for older adults at all of centres throughout South Australia and we offer a great membership program Active Adults 60+ just for you.
Strength, flexibility and balance training can greatly assist with variety of health issues, help to reduce weight and keep your mind active.
Social connections are also a great benefit of attending our group fitness classes. Participants socialise before and after class and offer each other encouragement in a fun and motivating environment.
So no more excuses. Come in and try your first class for FREE! *Terms and conditions apply.
Active Adults Membership
Active Adults is a membership including facility access and programming tailored to improving the fitness, strength and balance for the over 60's.
Active Adult Membership Includes:
- Gym - Off peak access
- Pool - Unlimited access to all aquatic areas (where available)
- Group Fitness - Strength for Life, Aqua Fit, Body Balance and Pilates and more (see appropiate centre timetables)
- Gym Consultation - Inductions, personalised programs, technique cues and check-ins
- Stadium Sports - Access for sports like basketball, badminton, netball, soccer (subject to availability)
Reap the Benefits
Low Impact Workout with High Impact Results
Stay fit and healthy through safe, low-impact exercise to ensure your body is kept in peak health.
- Feel great and have more energy
- Socialise and meet new people
- Raise self-esteem and self-confidence
- Low-impact, low-risk exercise to prevent injury
- Improve strength, balance and cardiovascular fitness in group fitness or on your own
- Increase range of motion and support body function and movement
- See improvements in strength, tone and cardiovascular fitness
In addition to staying healthy and feeling great, our Active Adult members love the social connections of fitness classes. The group environment keeps you motivated while having fun and making friends.
At no additional cost, our qualified fitness instructors can help with a variety of consultation services:
- Initial health assessment(required prior to Strength for Life classes)
- Creation of a personalised workout program with safe and effective exercises
- Ad-hoc exercise demonstration, help with technique and general guidance
- Ongoing reviews and 'check-ins to keep you inspired and on track
Strength Training for Older Adults
- It's never too late to start! Muscle strength can be regained and maintained no matter age and physical condition
- Supervised strength training, not a high-risk activity
- Strength training can alleviate the effects of chronic conditions such as Arthritis, Type 2 Diabetes, Osteoporosis and Heart Disease
- Strength training improves balance, reduces the risk of falling and can reduce back pain
- Strength training also enhances your mental well-being, raising self-esteem and self-confidence