OSHC Service Director - St Mark's College Port Pirie OSHC
Department: Children's Services (OSHC & ELC)
Posted: 13 November 2023
Closes: 13 December 2023
- Part-time opportunity
- Health + wellbeing perks, including free access to our recreation facilities
- Opportunity to join a non-for-profit, purpose-driven organisation
We are seeking an OSHC Service Director to join us at the St Mark's College Port Pirie OSHC. At the Y, we are committed to providing an exceptional level of care and education for children.
As our OSHC Service Director, you will play a pivotal role in leading our passionate and dedicated team to create a supportive work atmosphere and deliver outstanding programs that promote children's growth and development.
Your leadership and expertise will ensure that our care, recreation, and leisure programs are of the highest quality, providing children with the best possible experiences. You will inspire continuous learning and professional development among our educators, sharing information and knowledge on best practices, policy developments, and community changes.
As a motivated and customer-focused leader, you will go above and beyond to maintain the highest quality of service, placing a strong emphasis on the social, emotional, and interpersonal development of children.
The role is a Part-time opportunity and requires 31 hours per week.
ABOUT THE Y
YMCA South Australia is a not-for-profit organisation that has served the South Australian community for more than 170 years. With around 900 staff (and growing), we deliver programs and services across the state in settings including community recreation centres, swimming pools, health and fitness facilities, community centres, camps, early education and schools and youth services.
Our aim is to develop the whole person, helping all South Australians connect with a better life. Not only their physical fitness and capabilities, but also their sense of identity, purpose, hope and dignity; psychological health; resilience; social connectedness; lifelong learning; and their own contribution back into the community. All the elements that together constitute a full, healthy, productive and satisfying life.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Successful candidates will also have, or be willing to obtain:
- Tertiary Qualification in Children’s Services
- HLTAID009 Provide CPR
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting
- Certificate of completion for “Responding to Risks of Harm, Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care” (RRHAN-EC) Training
- Food Handling
- SMART Training
- Strong leadership experience to staff, including training, quality improvement, support, and maintaining the standards of service
To view the position descriptions for this role, please visit our website at https://www.sa.ymca.org.au/get...
- The opportunity to join a leading provider of recreation, community, and children’s services.
- Free access to YMCA South Australia’s recreation facilities.
- A culture of empowerment and growth with ongoing opportunities for career development.
- A supportive team of passionate and professional individuals.
LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Kylie Craig on 0447 094 646.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound like you? Please submit your resume and cover letter via APPLY NOW!
You must address the key selection criteria in your application.
Applications close 13 December 2023.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN
At the Y, we are committed to empowering all Children and Young People to feel safe and be safe, at the Y, in their families and in their communities. As such, we ensure that all of our candidates are appropriately screened to make sure that the right people are in the right roles. This includes:
- National Criminal History Record Check
- Working With Children Check
- International Criminal History Record Check where applicable
To learn more about our screening processes, click here to view our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy:
YMCA South Australia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding children and young people and other vulnerable people.