Swimming Teachers (Aquadome)
Department: Lifeguards & Swimming Teachers
Posted: 1 February 2019
Closes: 23 February 2019
Do you want to be part of a community and enjoy coming to work? The Aquadome is seeking fun, reliable, enthusiastic and committed Swimming Teachers to be a part of our growing swim school and to teach the community the vital Swimming & Water Safety Skills they need to know to be safe and enjoy the water.
To be successful in the role, applications should demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Previous teaching experience (desirable)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Enthusiastic, caring and engaging personality
- Display interest, passion, patience to parents, students and team members
- Empathetic to your class and their needs
- Excellent observation skills and be able to identify potential risks and hazards.
- Work under pressure and the ability to problem solve
YMCA swimming lessons run 48 weeks a year, with a 4 week break over the Christmas/New Year’s period. Shifts available Monday, Wednesday Friday afternoons and Saturday and Sunday mornings.
Swimming Teacher - Qualifications required
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water
- Current CPR (prior to commencement)
- Child Safe Environments (reporting abuse and neglect) Certificate
- DCSI Employment working with children screening (prior to commencement)
- National Criminal History Record Check (NCHRC) – Certificate must be within one (1) year from date of issue, otherwise must renew check prior to commencement
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics (desirable)
Like to know more? For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Jasmin Rogers, Swimming Lessons Coordinator, on 8287 8814.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter through Seek. Applications close 5:00PM on 23 February 2019.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be notified.