Swimming Teacher (Fleurieu Aquatic Centre)
Department: Recreation & Fitness
Posted: 12 June 2019
Closes: 21 June 2019
We are seeking highly motivated, passionate and professional people to join our staff team at the Fleurieu Aquatic Centre. The Centre includes an eight lane 25m swimming pool, a multi-use program pool, a Hydrotherapy pool, crèche facility, gym, cafe, and indoor & outdoor splash parks.
COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN
YMCA, including our Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework.
YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- A national criminal history check issued within the last 12 months;
- An international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- Holding or obtaining a DCSI child related employment clearance or equivalent in accordance with state or territory laws, if directed by YMCA South Australia; and
- Two reference checks.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Successful candidates will also have, or be willing to obtain:
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety, or Swim Australia accreditation
- HLTAID001 Perform CPR or equivalent
- The opportunity to join a leading provider of recreation, community, and children’s services.
- Free access to YMCA South Australia’s recreation facilities.
- A culture of empowerment and growth with ongoing opportunities for career development.
- A supportive team of passionate and professional individuals.
LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact James Lomax – Area Manager (Southern Region) on 0407 185 194.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound like you? Please submit your resume and cover letter through Seek. You must address the key selection criteria in your application.
Applications close 5pm Friday 21st June 2019.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be notified.