Senior Theatre Technician (The Parks Theatre)
Department: Community Services
Posted: 22 May 2020
Closes: 8 June 2020
- Fun and engaging environment;
- Supportive and professional team;
- State of the art facilities and equipment
The Parks Theatre is seeking an experienced technician skilled in the areas of lighting, audio and audio visual equipment to oversee the technical requirements of our venue. The ideal candidate will have experience in both lighting and audio design and operation, and will possess excellent customer service skills and strong leadership ability to mentor, support and coordinate our technical team. This new position presents an excellent opportunity for a suitable candidate to create a work environment and role that they can make their own, whilst contributing to the ongoing development of our venue, staff and programs.
ABOUT THE Y
YMCA is a community not-for-profit like no other.
The Y creates opportunities for people and communities to connect with a better life. We work to provide a range of programs and services that aim to strengthen people, families and communities. We deliver programs and services across the state in settings including community recreation centres, swimming pools, health and fitness facilities, camps, early education and schools and youth services.
Our presence and partnerships have allowed us to deliver positive change for over 170 years.
The Senior Theatre Technician is a key position for The Parks Theatre in delivering a high quality theatrical venue to the community. The Senior Theatre Technician will oversee the technical theatre roster and operations of The Parks Theatre and provide assistance with stage operations, lighting, sound, audio visual, mechanist, room set ups, customer service, bar service and cleaning.
COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN
YMCA, including our Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework.
YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check;
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- holding or obtaining a DCSI child related employment clearance or equivalent in accordance with state or territory laws, if directed by YMCA South Australia; and
- two reference checks.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Successful candidates will also have, or be willing to obtain:
- National police check (NPC) (must be within 12 months of issue date)
- International police check (for applicants who have worked overseas)
- Working with children check (previously known as a DCSI child-related
- Employment screening) or equivalent
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid or equivalent
- HLTAID001 Perform CPR or equivalent
- Certificate of completion for responding to abuse and neglect (RAN) training
- Responsible Service of Alcohol or Responsible Person
- The opportunity to join a leading provider of recreation, community, and children’s services.
- Free access to YMCA South Australia’s recreation facilities.
- A culture of empowerment and growth with ongoing opportunities for career development.
- A supportive team of passionate and professional individuals.
LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Ceri Hutton - Manager Performing Arts & Events on 8406 2951.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound like you? Please submit your resume and cover letter through Seek. You must address the key selection criteria in your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 8th June 2020.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
The YMCA of South Australia is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people' and all applicants will be obliged to comply with all safeguarding policy and practice standards.