Programs Assistant – St Clair Recreation Centre
Department: Recreation & Fitness
Posted: 13 February 2020
As a Programs Assistant, reporting to the Stadium Director, you will:
- Ensure fun and safety are at the forefront of the programs and activities you are delivering
- Contribute to the administration and supervision of social sports and competition programs
- Assist in the delivery of public roller-skating sessions
- Assist in the setup and pack up of programs
- Take pride in the presentation of your area including cleaning and workplace health and safety activities
- Be available on weekends and outside of regular business hours on weekdays
COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN
YMCA, including our Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework.
YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check;
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- holding or obtaining a DHS Working With Children Check or equivalent in accordance with state or territory laws, if directed by YMCA South Australia; and
- two reference checks.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Successful candidates will also have, or be willing to obtain:
- Experience in the planning and delivery of sport and recreation programs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Outstanding customer service
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid certificate
- HLTAID001 Provide CPR certificate
Experience in the following areas will be highly regarded:
- Court sports umpiring and supervision
- The opportunity to join a leading provider of recreation, community, and children’s services.
- Free access to YMCA South Australia’s recreation facilities.
- A culture of empowerment and growth with ongoing opportunities for career development.
- A supportive team of passionate and professional individuals.
LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Travis – Stadium Director | St Clair Recreation Centre on email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound like you? Please submit your resume and cover letter through Seek. You must address the key selection criteria in your application.
Applications close 4pm Friday 28th February 2020
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
The YMCA of South Australia is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people' and all applicants will be obliged to comply with all safeguarding policy and practice standards.