OSHC Educators - Northern Region
Department: Children's Services (OSHC & ELC)
Posted: 22 May 2023
Closes: 19 June 2023
- Ongoing roles for Qualified and Unqualified Educators
- Positions across the Y's Northern OSHC sites
- Health + wellbeing perks, including free access to YMCA South Australia’s recreation facilities
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of children? Do you dream of joining a dedicated team of professionals? Look no further!
The Y is seeking passionate Qualified and Unqualified Educators to be positioned across our expanding Northern Region. Our Northern sites are located in and between Para Hills to Gawler East and reaching from Port Pirie to Port Lincoln.
As an Educator, you will play a vital role in shaping the lives of children in our care. Your responsibility will be to assist with the design and delivery of challenging and stimulating programs and activities that foster growth and development.
Collaborating closely with our OSHC Service Director and working alongside a passionate team, you will create a supportive and fun environment, nurturing the social, emotional, and interpersonal skills of the children.
At the Y, we care about your health and well-being, which is why we offer an array of perks. As a member of our team, you'll enjoy free access to YMCA South Australia's exceptional recreation facilities. Embrace a healthy lifestyle and find your balance while inspiring children to do the same.
ABOUT THE Y
YMCA South Australia is a not-for-profit organisation that has served the South Australian community for more than 170 years. With around 900 staff (and growing), we deliver programs and services across the state in settings including community recreation centres, swimming pools, health and fitness facilities, community centres, camps, early education and schools and youth services.
Our aim is to develop the whole person, helping all South Australians connect with a better life. Not only their physical fitness and capabilities, but also their sense of identity, purpose, hope and dignity; psychological health; resilience; social connectedness; lifelong learning; and their own contribution back into the community. All the elements that together constitute a full, healthy, productive and satisfying life.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Successful candidates will also have, or be willing to obtain:
- ACECQA approved qualification (for Qualified Educator role)
- Certificate of completion for “Responding to Risks of Harm, Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care” Training
- Knowledge of responsibilities under Child Safe Environments compliance
- Sounds knowledge of OSHC Quality Assurance and recognised School Age Care Framework
- HLTAID009 CPR
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in Education and Care
- The opportunity to join a leading provider of recreation, community, and children’s services.
- Free access to YMCA South Australia’s recreation facilities.
- A culture of empowerment and growth with ongoing opportunities for career development.
- A supportive team of passionate and professional individuals.
LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Kylie Craig on 0447 094 646.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound like you? Please submit your resume and cover letter to Kylie Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must address the key selection criteria in your application.
Applications close 19 June 2023.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN
At the Y, we are committed to empowering all Children and Young People to feel safe and be safe, at the Y, in their families and in their communities. As such, we ensure that all of our candidates are appropriately screened to make sure that the right people are in the right roles. This includes:
- National Criminal History Record Check
- Working With Children Check
- International Criminal History Record Check where applicable
To learn more about our screening processes, click here to view our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy: https://www.sa.ymca.org.au/who...
YMCA South Australia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding children and young people and other vulnerable people