OSHC Educators – Gawler East and One Tree Hill OSHC
Department: Children's Services (OSHC & ELC)
Posted: 4 August 2022
Closes: 5 September 2022
- Positions available at Gawler East OSHC and One Tree Hill OSHC
- Join a highly supportive and passionate team
- Health + wellbeing perks, including free access to YMCA South Australia’s recreation facilities
YMCA SA is seeking Qualified and Unqualified OSHC Educators to join our Gawler East and One Tree Hill OSHC sites, to help further the social, emotional, and interpersonal development of children, while providing the highest quality of customer service.
Reporting to the OSHC Service Director, you will:
- Assist in delivering challenging and stimulating programs and activities for children
- Provide quality care and educational experiences for children
- Create a fun and exciting work atmosphere while being hardworking and goal orientated
- Model and teach positive values such as care, honesty, respect, and responsibility
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
If you have a passion for Children’s Services and wish to work in a supportive environment where children always feel safe and happy, we encourage you to apply.
ABOUT THE Y
YMCA South Australia is a not-for-profit organisation that has served the South Australian community for more than 170 years. With around 800 staff (and growing), we deliver programs and services across the state in settings including community recreation centres, swimming pools, health and fitness facilities, community centres, camps, early education and schools and youth services.
Our aim is to develop the whole person, helping all South Australians connect with a better life. Not only their physical fitness and capabilities, but also their sense of identity, purpose, hope and dignity; psychological health; resilience; social connectedness; lifelong learning; and their own contribution back into the community. All the elements that together constitute a full, healthy, productive and satisfying life.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Successful candidates will also have, or be willing to obtain:
- Tertiary Qualification in Children’s Services (if applying for a qualified role)
- HLTAID009/001 Provide CPR
- HLTAID012/004 Provide First Aid in an Education Setting
- Certificate of completion for “Responding to Risks of Harm, Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care” Training
- Full TPGA approved COVID-19 Vaccination status in compliance with Government Health order
- The opportunity to join a leading provider of recreation, community, and children’s services.
- Free access to YMCA South Australia’s recreation facilities.
- A culture of empowerment and growth with ongoing opportunities for career development.
- A supportive team of passionate and professional individuals.
LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Kylie Craig on 0447 094 646.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound like you? Please submit your resume and cover letter to Kylie Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must address the key selection criteria in your application.
Applications close 04 September 2022.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN
At the Y, we are committed to empowering all Children and Young People to feel safe and be safe, at the Y, in their families and in their communities. As such, we ensure that all of our candidates are appropriately screened to make sure that the right people are in the right roles. This includes:
- National Criminal History Record Check
- Working With Children Check
- International Criminal History Record Check where applicable
YMCA South Australia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding children and young people and other vulnerable people.
To learn more about our screening processes, click here to view our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy: