Department: Childcare & Children's Programs
Posted: 12 November 2019
Closes: 13 December 2019
As an OSHC Educator you will be responsible for providing quality care and educational experiences for children in the OSHC and provide the highest level of customer service for families. The OSHC Educator will enjoy working in a team based working environment and have a genuine concern for and interest in the well-being and educational needs of children. You will assist in planning for and organising challenging and stimulating programs and activities for children aged 5-12 years.
COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN
YMCA, including our Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework.
YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check;
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- holding or obtaining a DCSI child related employment clearance or equivalent in accordance with state or territory laws, if directed by YMCA South Australia; and
- two reference checks.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Successful candidates will also have, or be willing to obtain:
- National police check (NPC) (must be within 12 months of issue date)
- International police check (for applicants who have worked overseas)
- DCSI child-related employment screening (also known as a working with children check) or Working With Children Check or equivalent
- Provide CPR HLTAID001 or equivalent
- Provide Emergency First Aid in an Education and Care Setting HLTAID004
- Certificate of completion for “Responding to Abuse and Neglect” (RAN) training
- To apply for a QUALIFIED Educator role, a Diploma in Children’s Services or equivalent (e.g. Certificate IV in OSHC) [For Qualified Position]
- Experience in working in a child education setting is highly preferred.
- To view the position descriptions for this role, please visit our website at https://www.sa.ymca.org.au/get-involved/careers/current-vacancies.
- The opportunity to join a leading provider of recreation, community, and children’s services.
- Free access to YMCA South Australia’s recreation facilities.
- A culture of empowerment and growth with ongoing opportunities for career development.
- A supportive team of passionate and professional individuals.
LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Kylie Craig (OSHC Manager - Northern Region) on 0447 094 646.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound like you? Please submit your resume and cover letter through Seek. You must address the key selection criteria in your application.
Applications close 5pm Friday 13th of December 2019.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
The YMCA of South Australia is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people' and all applicants will be obliged to comply with all safeguarding policy and practice standards.