Operations Director - Fleurieu Aquatic Centre
Department: Recreation & Fitness
Posted: 14 May 2019
We are seeking a highly motivated, passionate and professional individual to join our team at Fleurieu Aquatic Centre, located in Hayborough, as a full time Operations Director.
The Fleurieu Aquatic Centre opened in March 2017. The Centre includes an eight lane 25m swimming pool, a multi-use program pool, a warm water pool, crèche facility, gym, café, and an outdoor splash park.
The Operations Director will provide leadership and direction to the duty manager, lifeguard and cleaning teams at Fleurieu Aquatic Centre and ensure compliance with all work systems and processes. The Operations Director will also ensure the smooth running of all areas of aquatic operation and pool maintenance.
Please view the position description for a detailed overview of responsibilities of this role.
COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN
YMCA, including our Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework.
YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check;
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- holding or obtaining a DCSI child related employment clearance or equivalent in accordance with state or territory laws, if directed by YMCA South Australia; and
- two reference checks.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Successful candidates will also have, or be willing to obtain:
- National police check (NPC) (must be within 12 months of issue date)
- International police check (for applicants who have worked overseas in the past 10 years)
- Pool Operators Certificate
- Current Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- (HLTAID003) Provide First Aid or equivalent
- (HLTAID001) Provide CPR or equivalent
- Responding to Abuse and Neglect qualification
- Minimum two years aquatic industry experience or experience in a similar environment.
- Experience in a customer focused role.
- Experience with Links (POS & recreation management software), Windows and Microsoft Office, and EFTPOS equipment (desired).
- Extensive knowledge of the Guidelines for Safe Pool Operation.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment and dealing with a diverse community.
LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound like you? Please submit your resume and cover letter through Seek. You must address the key selection criteria in your application.
Applications close at 5PM on 27 May 2019.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be notified.