Learning and Development Specialist
Department: Management & Corporate Services
Posted: 14 July 2021
Closes: 4 August 2021
YMCA South Australia is seeking a Learning and Development Specialist to help us take an already-rich culture of community and customer service to the next level.
YMCA South Australia is seeking a Part Time (0.6 FTE) Learning and Development Specialist to help us take an already-rich culture of community and customer service to the next level. They will:
- assess the training and development needs of the organisation
- create an annual learning and development plan
- co-develop and deliver proprietary YMCA South Australia training and coaching content – particularly in relation to those essential service and people skills in which we aim to set new standards
- deliver on the agreed plan.
We want our staff to know that they are valued, and invested in. We want them to be well-equipped in delivering outstanding service and wellbeing impact – creating daylight between the YMCA and other providers in our space. And we want the Y to represent the best culture our people have ever worked in. This role is an important investment in, and contributor to, those outcomes.
The role reports to the Head of People and Risk. It will also work closely with the CEO and other senior managers in determining organisational learning priorities and designing the portfolio of development activities needed to deliver on our intent.
The role sits within the People and Risk team which is primarily based at YMCA South Australia Support Services (Waymouth Street). The team enjoys a strong work-life balance with flexibility in office hours and partial work from home ability. Some ad-hoc and infrequent travel may be required to visit locations.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
You will have high emotional intelligence, strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a genuine concern for community wellbeing. You’ll be accustomed to dealing with people from a wide variety of disciplines and backgrounds. You’ll be able to creatively design, develop and deliver engaging learning experiences – not being limited to just conventional training options.
Other desirable characteristics include:
- an understanding of the mission and values of the YMCA, and what we do
- the ability to confidently communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- being a committed team player with an enthusiastic, enterprising and agile approach
- the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet tight deadlines and manage competing priorities
HOW TO APPLY
Send your cover letter and resume are submitted through Seek (addressing the specifics of the role as per the position description)
Applications close 5pm, Wednesday, 4th August 2021. However, we may close applications earlier if we find our superstar prior to this date.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Michael Collins on 8200 2523.