Health Safety and Environment Advisor – Support Services
Department: Management & Corporate Services
Posted: 9 September 2022
Closes: 9 October 2022
- A full-time permanent position
- Located in our Head Office in Adelaide CBD
- Health + wellbeing perks, including free access to YMCA South Australia’s recreation facilities
YMCA South Australia is seeking a Health Safety and Environment Advisor (HSE) to complete the People and Safety Team to lead, facilitate and maintain strong safety and safeguarding culture.
With a dual focus on work health and safety (WHS) and safeguarding children and young people, you will provide practical support, advice and assistance to help employees to understand their legislative HSE responsibilities and implement appropriate safety systems to manage HSE risks.
Due to the responsibility and commitment that YMCA SA has to protecting children, young people, those with a disability, and other vulnerable people, a key component of the role will see you meeting YMCA safeguarding licensing standards and ensuring that safeguarding is embedded in our organisation.
To excel in the role, you will not only have the appropriate knowledge, skills and experience, but a passion and enthusiasm for sharing your education with the YMCA SA’s community to positively influence safety in the workplace.
ABOUT THE Y
YMCA South Australia is a not-for-profit organisation that has served the South Australian community for more than 170 years. With around 800 staff (and growing), we deliver programs and services across the state in settings including community recreation centres, swimming pools, health and fitness facilities, community centres, camps, early education and schools and youth services.
Our aim is to develop the whole person, helping all South Australians connect with a better life. Not only their physical fitness and capabilities, but also their sense of identity, purpose, hope and dignity; psychological health; resilience; social connectedness; lifelong learning; and their own contribution back into the community. All the elements that together constitute a full, healthy, productive and satisfying life.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Successful candidates will also have, or be willing to obtain:
- Tertiary qualification in work health and safety or related discipline (minimum Diploma level)
- Accredited qualifications in Return to Work (regulator approved course) and/or Injury Management (highly desirable)
- Current Australian driver’s licence.
- National Criminal History Record Check (NCHRC) – Certificate must be within six (6) months from date of issue
- International police check - for applicants who have lived or worked overseas in the past five (5) years
- Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- (HLTAID009) Provide CPR
- Certificate of completion for “Responding to Risks of Harm, Abuse and Neglect” (RRHAN) training
- The opportunity to join a leading provider of recreation, community, and children’s services.
- Free access to YMCA South Australia’s recreation facilities.
- A culture of empowerment and growth with ongoing opportunities for career development.
- A supportive team of passionate and professional individuals.
LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Bijanka Rajic – Head of People and Safety on 0476 879 497.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound like you? Please submit your resume and cover letter to Bijanka Rajic at email@example.com. You must address the key selection criteria in your application.
Applications close 09 October 2022
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN
At the Y, we are committed to empowering all Children and Young People to feel safe and be safe, at the Y, in their families and in their communities. As such, we ensure that all of our candidates are appropriately screened to make sure that the right people are in the right roles. This includes:
- National Criminal History Record Check
- Working With Children Check
- International Criminal History Record Check where applicable
To learn more about our screening processes, click here to view our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy:
YMCA South Australia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding children and young people and other vulnerable people.