Health and Fitness Instructors & Group Fitness Instructors
Department: Recreation & Fitness
Posted: 17 November 2022
Closes: 10 December 2022
- Join a highly passionate, collaborative and creative team
- Positions available for Health and Fitness and Group Fitness Instructors
- The perfect roles for energetic individuals with an interest in sports and recreation
- Health + wellbeing perks, including free access to YMCA South Australia’s recreation facilities
An opportunity to be involved in the health and fitness service delivery at the Port Lincoln Leisure Centre!
With a passion and energy for the recreation industry, our Health & Fitness Instructors and Group Fitness Trainers positively contribute to the development of the fitness programs and possess a genuine desire to encourage and support health club members to achieve their goals.
As a Health and Fitness professional with the Y, your key duties will include:
- Work as a team member to provide the very best health and fitness advice through consultation in a friendly atmosphere
- Conduct safe, appropriate and effective programs that are within your scope of practice
- Supervision of all Health Club users, providing technical advice, support and encouragement
- Work as a team member to provide the very best fitness and nutrition advice and counselling in a friendly atmosphere and within scope
- Support of membership retention and marketing strategies.
If you are a driven and vibrant health & fitness professional with a desire to inspire, educate, and enhance the health and fitness experience for members, we encourage you to apply!
ABOUT THE Y
YMCA South Australia is a not-for-profit organisation that has served the South Australian community for more than 170 years. With around 800 staff (and growing), we deliver programs and services across the state in settings including community recreation centres, swimming pools, health and fitness facilities, community centres, camps, early education and schools and youth services.
Our aim is to develop the whole person, helping all South Australians connect with a better life. Not only their physical fitness and capabilities, but also their sense of identity, purpose, hope and dignity; psychological health; resilience; social connectedness; lifelong learning; and their own contribution back into the community. All the elements that together constitute a full, healthy, productive and satisfying life.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Successful candidates will also have, or be willing to obtain:
- (HLTAID009) Provide CPR
- (HLTAID011) Provide First Aid
- Certificate of completion for “Responding to Risks of Harm, Abuse and Neglect” (RRHAN) training
- Certificate III or IV in Fitness
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- The opportunity to join a leading provider of recreation, community, and children’s services.
- Free access to YMCA South Australia’s recreation facilities.
- A culture of empowerment and growth with ongoing opportunities for career development.
- A supportive team of passionate and professional individuals.
LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Anna Ryan on 0457 604 155.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound like you? Please submit your resume and cover letter to Anna Ryan at email@example.com. You must address the key selection criteria in your application.
Applications close 10 December 2022
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN
At the Y, we are committed to empowering all Children and Young People to feel safe and be safe, at the Y, in their families and in their communities. As such, we ensure that all of our candidates are appropriately screened to make sure that the right people are in the right roles. This includes:
- National Criminal History Record Check
- Working With Children Check
- International Criminal History Record Check where applicable
To learn more about our screening processes, click here to view our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy: https://www.sa.ymca.org.au/who-we-are/safeguarding-children
YMCA South Australia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding children and young people and other vulnerable people.