Department: Recreation & Fitness
Posted: 15 February 2021
Closes: 7 March 2021
This rewarding role is offered on a Permanent Part-Time basis with 20-30 hours per week negotiable. Gymnastics Coaches, reporting to the Head Coach, will:
- Deliver a variety of Gym Sports programs with professionalism and care for participants
- Interact with children positively and assist in the development of technique and skills
- Be responsible for the safety of participants and equipment during programs
- Provide excellent customer service to children and parents
ABOUT THE Y
YMCA South Australia is a not-for-profit community organisation that has served South Australians for more than 170 years. With approximately 700 employees, we deliver programs and services across the state in settings including community recreation centres, swimming pools, health and fitness facilities, community centres, camps, early education and schools and youth services. Our aim is to develop the whole person, helping all South Australians connect with a better life.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Successful candidates will also have the following qualifications, or be willing to obtain:
- Certification & technical membership with Gymnastics South Australia (or equivalent)
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID001 Provide CPR certificate
- Certificate of Completion for Responding to Abuse and Neglect (RAN) training
- The opportunity to join a leading provider of recreation, community, and children’s services.
- Free access to YMCA South Australia’s recreation facilities.
- A culture of empowerment and growth with ongoing opportunities for career development.
- A supportive team of passionate and professional individuals.
COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN
YMCA, including our Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework.
YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check;
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- holding or obtaining a DHS Working With Children Check or equivalent in accordance with state or territory laws, if directed by YMCA South Australia; and
- two reference checks.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.
LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Haydn Bellamy on 0406 945 707.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound like you? Please submit your resume and cover letter via Seek. You must address the key selection criteria in your application.
Applications close 4pm Sunday 7th March 2021
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
The YMCA of South Australia is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people' and all applicants will be obliged to comply with all safeguarding policy and practice standards.