Duty Managers - Purruna Spencer Newton Centre
Department: Recreation & Fitness
Posted: 23 June 2022
Closes: 8 July 2022
We are seeking:
- Passionate, committed team members
- Role models aligned with the values of the YMCA
- Enthusiastic and innovative team members
- “Can do” attitudes
Due to open in mid-2022, the Purruna Centre has been designed to deliver well-being outcomes for students, staff, and the broader community. Its purpose is to improve well-being by increasing physical activity levels, developing skills, and stimulating social and mental fitness.
Duty Managers ($31.56 p/hr)
Duty Managers will provide leadership and supervision to assigned teams while overseeing daily operations, ensuring staff productivity, monitoring process compliance and creating a positive and safe work environment for all employees and patrons visiting the facility.
ABOUT THE Y
YMCA South Australia is a not-for-profit community organisation that has served the South Australian community for more than 170 years. With around 800 staff (and growing), we deliver programs and services across the state in settings including community recreation centres, swimming pools, health and fitness facilities, allied health programs, community centres, camps, early education and schools and youth services.
Our aim is to develop the whole person, helping all South Australians connect with a better life. Not only their physical fitness and capabilities, but also their sense of identity, purpose, hope and dignity; psychological health; resilience; social connectedness; lifelong learning; and their own contribution back into the community. All the elements that together constitute a full, healthy, productive and satisfying life.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Along with the minimum role qualifications, successful candidates will also have, or be willing to obtain:
- National police check (NPC) (must be within 6 months of issue date)
- Working With Children Check
- Certificate of completion for “Responding to Risks of Harm, Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care” Training
- Proven capability to build strong and positive relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills and highly developed communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and create solutions
- Full TPGA approved COVID-19 Vaccination status in compliance with Government Health order
- The opportunity to join a purpose-driven not-for-profit organisation
- Contribution towards ongoing education e.g., conferences, courses
- Free access to YMCA South Australia’s recreation facilities
- A culture of empowerment and growth with ongoing opportunities for career development
- A supportive team of passionate and professional individuals.
LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Craig Hortin on 0417 039 870.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound like you? Please submit your resume and cover letter to Craig Hortin at email@example.com. You must address the key selection criteria from the position descriptions (bottom of page) in your application.
Applications close 8th July 2022
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN
At the Y, we are committed to empowering all Children and Young People to feel safe and be safe, at the Y, in their families and in their communities. As such, we ensure that all of our candidates are appropriately screened to make sure that the right people are in the right roles. This includes:
- National Criminal History Record Check
- Working With Children Check
To learn more about our screening processes, click here to view our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy: