Customer Service Officers (St Clair)
Posted: 10 September 2021
Closes: 24 September 2021
Customer Service Officers are the face of our organisation, responsible for ensuring all members and guests receive the highest possible level of service. You will be the first and main point of contact for all facility members and guests based at the front desk. You will be responsible for cash handling and POS, telephone operation, tours, program bookings, and membership sales and enquiries. Your exceptional customer service skills will be challenged through the need to multi-task and problem solve while always ensuring a positive customer experience.
ABOUT THE Y
YMCA South Australia is a not-for-profit community organisation that has served the South Australian community for more than 170 years. With approximately 700 employees, we deliver programs and services across the state in settings including community recreation centres, swimming pools, health and fitness facilities, community centres, camps, early education and schools and youth services.
Our aim is to develop the whole person, helping all South Australians connect with a better life. Not only their physical fitness and capabilities, but also their sense of identity, purpose, hope and dignity; psychological health; resilience; social connectedness; lifelong learning; and their own contribution back into the community. All the elements that together constitute a full, healthy, productive and satisfying life.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Successful candidates will also have, or be willing to obtain:
- Current HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- Current HLTAID001 Provide CPR
- National Police Check (NPC) (must be within 12 months of issue date)
- Responding to Abuse and Neglect Certificate (or willing to undergo training)
- Available at a minimum three (3) days per week, specifically evenings and weekends
- At least two (2) years of proven customer service and general reception experience (desirable)
- Experience with Links (POS & Recreation Management Software) and Microsoft Office (desirable)
To view the position descriptions for this role, please visit our website at https://www.sa.ymca.org.au/get-involved/careers/current-vacancies.
- The opportunity to join a leading provider of recreation, community, and children’s services.
- Free access to YMCA South Australia’s recreation facilities.
- A culture of empowerment and growth with ongoing opportunities for career development.
- A supportive team of passionate and professional individuals.
LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Paige Allan on (08) 7078 4184.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound like you? Please submit your resume and cover letter to Paige Allan at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must address the key selection criteria in your application.
Applications close 24/09/2021
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN
YMCA, including our Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework.
YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check;
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- holding or obtaining a Working With Children clearance or equivalent in accordance with state or territory laws, if directed by YMCA South Australia; and
- two reference checks.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.