Customer Service Officer – The Parks Recreation and Sports Centre
Department: Recreation & Fitness
Posted: 15 September 2022
Closes: 9 October 2022
- Join a highly passionate, collaborative and creative team
- The perfect role for customer service professionals with an interest in sports and recreation
- Health + wellbeing perks, including free access to YMCA South Australia’s recreation facilities
The Parks Recreation and Sports Centre are seeking Customer Service Officers to represent the YMCA SA and provide front-line customer service and care to all members and guests of the facility and take responsibility for providing the highest possible level of service.
You will be responsible for cash handling and POS, telephone operation, tours, program information, membership sales and enquiries. Your exceptional customer service skills will be challenged through the need to multi-task and problem solve, while always ensuring a positive customer experience.
To be successful in this role, Friday – Sunday availability is essential, with a mix of morning and evening shifts.
ABOUT THE Y
YMCA South Australia is a not-for-profit organisation that has served the South Australian community for more than 170 years. With around 800 staff (and growing), we deliver programs and services across the state in settings including community recreation centres, swimming pools, health and fitness facilities, community centres, camps, early education and schools and youth services.
Our aim is to develop the whole person, helping all South Australians connect with a better life. Not only their physical fitness and capabilities, but also their sense of identity, purpose, hope and dignity; psychological health; resilience; social connectedness; lifelong learning; and their own contribution back into the community. All the elements that together constitute a full, healthy, productive and satisfying life.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Successful candidates will also have, or be willing to obtain:
- Provide CPR HLTAID001/009
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Check
- Certificate of completion for “Responding to Risks of Harm, Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care” (RRHAN-EC) training
- Friendly, personable and empathetic nature
- Strong communication skills coupled with a measured approach to conflict resolution
- The opportunity to join a leading provider of recreation, community, and children’s services.
- Free access to YMCA South Australia’s recreation facilities.
- A culture of empowerment and growth with ongoing opportunities for career development.
- A supportive team of passionate and professional individuals.
LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Erin Wright on 8406 2909.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound like you? Please submit your resume and cover letter to Erin Wright at email@example.com. You must address the key selection criteria in your application.
Applications close 09 October 2022
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN
At the Y, we are committed to empowering all Children and Young People to feel safe and be safe, at the Y, in their families and in their communities. As such, we ensure that all of our candidates are appropriately screened to make sure that the right people are in the right roles. This includes:
- National Criminal History Record Check
- Working With Children Check
- International Criminal History Record Check where applicable
To learn more about our screening processes, click here to view our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy: